Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Darling Girl Haul/Swatches

I received my Darling Girl order yesterday! I placed the order on May 15th and it shipped on May 23rd and I received it on the 27th. This is my first time doing swatches so please forgive the not so perfect swatches.

My order consisted of the following:

Primped and Primed Eyelid Primer
Bronze Dawn
Frankenstein
London Calling
GWP: Hail Hydra
Free sample: Forbidden Flame

*I forgot to include the photo of the order itself (packaging, etc) but I'll add it to this post when I get a chance to this evening.*

The swatches below were done with the upper half of the swatches done over the Primped and Primed Primer (which went on very nicely) and the bottom half is just bare skin.



Now for more photos and comments on each shadow.



I wasn't super excited about this color when I read about it being the GWP, but I gotta say, this is just lovely. It went on very smoothly, and the duochrome just looks gorgeous. Seems very similar to Bronze Dawn (the red base in Bronze Dawn seems more prominent).


This is yet another lovely shade, it's just gorgeous, and went on like a dream. Very well pigmented and I just love the gold/orange shimmer/glitter.


Frankenstein also went on very smoothly, this is an interesting one, it doesn't stand out as much as the others, but it's lovely all the same. Gorgeous gold shimmer! I feel like this is one I'll end up using quite a bit.


London Calling is supposed to be similar to Fyrinnae's Mephisto. Unfortunately I don't have Mephisto in order to compare, but this is just beautiful! Look at that coppery duochrome. I'm not sure how practical it is for an everyday look, but I do absolutely love this one. Also, the blue base on this one stained just a tiny bit, but nothing too terrible.

Forbidden Flame:
No photo of the container for this one as it was a sample, but this is a very lovely matte shade. It's extremely pigmented, buttery and I think this would actually work well with or without a primer.

Final notes: Fantastic products! I'm actually using the Primped and Primed Primer today and will report back on how well it wore/lasted compared to my usual Urban Decay Primer. All of these eyeshadows (minus Forbidden Flame) seem to work best over a primer (which I definitely expected). I was very satisfied with the amounts I received in the jars and with the amount in the sample bag (enough for SEVERAL uses considering the pigmentation). I'm so glad my first foray into indie eyeshadows went this well! I will be ordering from Darling Girl again!

If anybody has suggestions on other products I need to have, please feel free to let me know!

Thanks!

*Disclaimer: I purchased these products myself and these opinions are my own*





No comments:

Post a Comment